Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Weekend of Entertainment


This weekend was the best weekend I've had in a very long time. It was full of great music, great people, and great drinks.
Friday night I saw the show I've been waiting to see for years. Kurt Elling played at the Green Mill here in Chicago and blew everyone away the minute he opened his mouth to sing his first note. Kurt Elling is from Chicago, and used to play the Green Mill every Wednesday night before he got too famous to stay in town. Now he tours literally all over the world and just won his first Grammy. His show was absolutely captivating and unlike anything I've ever seen. My love for him and his incredible arrangements has only grown since seeing him.
I dare say it was the best show I've ever seen.


Saturday night, Tad Dancin', the soul/funk cover band I'm in had a show at Goose Island in Wrigleyville. It was the most fun I've had performing in quite a while. The energy was so high and everyone in the crowd was dancing the night away. It was an absolute blast and if you came out, thank you! And if you didn't come out, there's always next time...ya jerks.



I kid I kid :-)


No comments: