Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Chicago Visit

My sister's visit to Chicago was quick but very lovely. When she got in on Friday evening, we went to a neighborhood restaurant and bar called Bad Apple. The drink menu is pages and pages long and they have one of the best veggie burgers I've ever had. For any Chicagoans out there, I highly recommend it.
On Saturday, we started our day with some caffeine at our favorite local coffee shop. Cafeneo had just hired new staff and took FOREVER to get a couple of lattes to us. But the one barista that had worked there awhile comped our drinks for the wait. Free coffee for a bit of a wait?...I say worth it! Later, we took a visit to a bridal boutique so my sister could try on some dresses for me to see. My amazing friend Emily will be making her dress as well as the bridesmaid dresses for the wedding, but just for fun, she tried on a few for me. It was a girly afternoon and I loved every minute of it!
Sunday was her departure day, but we managed to fit in brunch, shopping, and beer before she left. When we popped into Macy's on State Street, I discovered this delightful wooden airplane installation I thought I'd share. The pictures really don't do it justice, but I'm still quite taken with it.
Thank you so much for visiting me, Megan!
I'm now on a countdown to warm weather in Savannah. (Since it's still in the 40s here.)
...Although I did see this friendly little flower peeking up to say hello the other day.
I admire it's tenacity.

No comments: