Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A big breakfast and a nap




What made me happy today:


1. This morning, Jonathan and I biked to my new favorite breakfast spot in the neighborhood. Over Easy is an adorable and delicious sit down restaurant serving only breakfast and lunch. The owner, who is also the chef, personally welcomed us and thanked us when we left. I love when business owners are passionate about their work. So much that he took the time to treat his customers extremely well. If you live in Chicago, definitely check this place out!






2. I finished my book, "The Most Beautiful Book in the World" by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt. It's translated from French, as most books are translated from a foreign language from Europa Editions. Being a complete francophile, I loved the pictures of different parts of France that each of the eight novellas within the book painted. Each story was about a different woman that was looking for love and/or happiness, and most of the time, it ultimately was right in front of her. I really adored this book, but am looking forward to reading something with a continuous plot and story line. I would indeed recommend it though; A pleasant read-over-coffee book.





3. Having the day off was so refreshing! And I spent it doing a whole lot of nothing right at home. I really should have accomplished more, but it was so relaxing doing stuff around the apartment and taking a long afternoon nap.
But back to work tomorrow through Sunday. Then off to New York City on Monday with Jonathan to spend a wonderful week doing whatever we please! We're staying in Brooklyn with a friend who is starting grad school at NYU in September. I'm excited to explore Brooklyn's streets and shops and anything we might stumble upon.

No comments: