Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Modern Wing at the Art Institute



The month of February is Free Month at the Art Institute of Chicago. We practically waited til the last minute, but Matt and I decided to go yesterday and we made an afternoon of it.
We took the trip to visit the Modern Wing, which has been recently added to the Art Institute in the past year. The wing itself is so beautiful and definitely worth taking a stroll through.
I didn't know what to expect as far as the actual modern art goes, but I found I liked the American modern art much more than the European modern art. It seemed cleaner to an uneducated eye like mine. I wish I knew more about art in general. Although when I see something I like, I'm moved by it whether I understand or not. And to me, that's a pretty beautiful thing.

No comments: